Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Things I Have Noticed In Life

I dunno where this post is going, probably nowhere so don't go purchasing your tickets in advance for the ride. There ain't a refund. It's probably gonna be real random, I'm just kinda winging it with no real theme in mind other than things I've noticed and well... hellfire... I notice things, as you do, all the dang time. Those around me tell me I notice things a little differently. Ah well.

Okay, I just noticed I lost a "follower" to Sawdust and Cowpies. Did I offend someone. (probably) Did I not entertain someone enough with lowbrow hillbilly humor? (most likely) Was it the pictures I posted of myself 6 days ago where I was wearing nothing but some hair? (I'll wait here while y'all go look at old posts). (Maybe)

I have noticed that older folks, and by older I mean people my age (I'm slowly coming around to admitting this travesty... I AM getting older) text message like 5 monkeys having a shit fight. Very randomly poking keys, frantic, and most of all... hilarious for anyone watching.

I've noticed that I care less and less what people think. I dunno what this means. I've just noticed it.

I notice that I like hanging out with my son's friends. He chooses wisely, 'cause they all like me and think I'm some kind of genius. Mostly they're all normal, some just march to a different drummer. The Kuiper Bros.



Jesse (on the right) has sewn his own Ghillie suit and Casey (I had to edit his t shirt just a bit lol) just got a dollar an hour raise at work for getting a haircut. Seriously. Daniel, another friend, who just made a vocation change from machinist to welder is currently attending the same welding school that Jake did. Daniel just posted on Facebook advice from his welding instructor...

"We all fall in love with a stripper sooner or later. Its just part of being a welder, we can't help it."

The boy will be guaranteed success. Advice like that... you just can't find it much in a school of higher learning anymore. I like noticing things like that.


I notice that my desktop is littered with crap that I "needed" to save from the internets for my own enjoyment at a later date. Most of it makes no sense, but it makes me smile and a lot of times... I make no sense. It all works out in the end.

For example, this jpg snatched from the intertubes...





I dunno what this means. A sword swallower with odd little breasts, somehow selling gas refrigerators. I saved that pic because... I noticed it.


Alright, that's enough noticing for today. Carry on.











.

12 comments:

Cora said...

The other day I did a post offering to mail Christmas cards to anyone who wanted one - and then I immediately lost TWO followers.

How that was offensive, I dunno. But I'll admit I was a wee bit hurt. I mean, if you don't want a friggin card just say so, you don't have to stop reading the damn blog altogether!! Criminy.

MJenks said...

I've lost a few followers in recent weeks. It happens. People have no taste. I know who one of them was, and when she started following my blog, I was like "Yeah, you're not going to stay around for long."

Apparently, stories about shower sex just don't appeal to everyone.

SkylersDad said...

I notice that most of my followers come for the cute stories about dogs or my life with my son Skyler.

They tend to leave after bat tat tuesday...

Unknown said...

*likes*
I've noticed that blogger doesn't have a "likes" button and that facebook needs a "dislikes" button.

Unknown said...

and heading to mjenks blog, cause shower sex is the best ever!

Scope said...

Every once in a while, I take my list of followers, and paste it into Excel. Then I can see the change from the last time.

I have yet to take action on THE EVEL RAT BASTAGES, but they are in the "Big Book Of Grievences."

The Retired One said...

I don't think you offended anyone....it is the nature of the beast. I can never figure out why people drop blogs or start following ones...usually I follow ones with great humor (like yours) or ones with great photography, or cooking or satire or writing...my interests...I find I do drop some blogs after a while because what they originally blogged about changed to other interests that didn't continue to be the same as mine..they were still great blogs, but just not interested in the same things, maybe?
You are stuck with me for life though, buddy. Unless you start getting all weird on me and talking about violence or torture or something...then again, you'd probably be hilarious and then I'd have to STILL keep reading you.
So, yes...
CARRY ON!!!

Vicky said...

Oh, those fickle followers! Maybe some are like me -- just reading and not commenting. Guess that puts us on the "naughty" list, huh? Man, I hope so. Oh, to be naughty just one more time................

Candy's daily Dandy said...

There is something very odd and phallic about that old ad.

No wonder everyone is banging everyone else on that TV show, Mad Men.
Its the one about Ad men in the 50's

Candy's daily Dandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael in AZ said...

I'm hanging around for the shower sex:)

Jerry said...

He looks sorta Mayan. Which makes sense since Electrolux moved to Mexico. :)