Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life Is Short...

Just advice today, that's all.

Never miss a chance to let the people in your life know what they mean to you. A life comes, a breeze blows, and before you can turn around... they're gone.



Although as lives sometimes do, we'd drifted away slightly... it never erased the spark in our eyes when we ran into one another, both remembering years past with a sly grin. Traveling together, hunting, shooting and just hanging out.

We had some times man. I miss you already Scott.









.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Truer words were never spoken my friend. Last night we got a call that a friend I've known since I was 12 years old passed after a 9 year fight with cancer. Never miss a chance to tell someone you care about...just that!

JenJen said...

second time today reading blogs has given me tears.
Mascara...gone.
Well said.

Sass said...

I remember hearing this advice from you over the phone once.

I'm sending you the biggest hug possible...and telling you I care about you, Cowguy.

Unknown said...

Wow Cowguy - it's been a while and here I am reading about your sad news....so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. But the message is a good one for me today and everyday. So thank you for that....

The Retired One said...

No truer words are spoken.
Hug today, because your arms may be empty tomorrow.
My thoughts are with you during this sad time for you.

Cora said...

Very good advice.

((((BIG BIG HUGS))))

BusyBee said...

Cowguy, I hadn't heard when I read your entry yesterday and never even thought it might be him.
At least they had a terrific summer.

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry to read about your friend. Good advice for everyone - something we don't do enough.
Katie

dianne said...

i feel the same way about Conrad - i really, really miss my good buddy

Jerry said...

I've been busy and haven't visited here in a couple of days. My heart goes out to you and Sal and to Scott's family.

Greenmare said...

it's true, I totally agree, I am missing my dad in law right now too. never leave without a hug. never!