Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hey... HEY!! I'm right here!

Man I apologize in advance for being derelict in my blogful duties... but it's been a whirlwind around here. A brief rundown of what's taken place.

Son visited from San Diego for a few days.

Daughter visited with 3 grandkids for a few days.

We went to an awesome blues festival one evening.

I chased cows.

We had a BBQ with a buncha friends here at our place.

Played a buttload of music in between stuff.

Got the kids sick of one song by my constant singing of it.

Oh... it's "White Freightliner Blues" by Townes Van Zandt.

It's really a cool song and the kids are being dumb.

Had a big calf get acorn poisoning and die.

Moved all the cows away from all Oak trees. (that's a tough one)

Chased cows some more until I had a heart attack in my knee.

Jake got my old 72 Chevy truck running.

It's awesome and you'll be treated to a photograph essay of this blue beauty.

I worked in the shop a gob and built and restored things made of tree wood.

I drank waaay too much one night. (same night as BBQ) (note: Impress your friends by just saying to hell with glasses and drink right outta the Half Gallon bottle of Wild Turkey.) (Note: "impress" is a very loose term) (Note: Be careful when you're walking in your yard after the Wild Turkey trick.) (Note: Clorox removes grass stains from the front of T-shirts just dandy)

Got invited to and attended the presentation ceremony of a cross I built for a student chapel at the local university.

Had poison ivy all on my arms from my wrists to past my elbows.

Took a steroid pack to get rid of the poison.

Sweat a lot, acted hyper and talked real loud while I was on the steroids.

Really sweat a lot. A whole lot.

Played a gig last night with the band that was an excellent evening.

Martina got me Baxter Black autograph. Pics to follow.

Martina rules.

And finally... had a slight case of constipation this morning.



That's 'bout it. Details later!

VP debate coming on... gotta git.




Rock on!



.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!

Wild Turkey was involved?

That splains ever'thing!

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Wild Turkey.......hooo ahhhhhh how I love Wild Turkey. Reminds me of a joke....er......better not....

Glad you're back. I think I've got carpal tunnel now from checking to see if you'd been here or not.......click click click click........damn.....click click click......

~Sandi~

Anonymous said...

Well, anyone who knows you at all knows if you ain't talkin' there's good reason.

Been patiently waiting, and sure am glad to see you back. :)

Jennifer and Sandi said...

*Tink* You remind me...I think I need to go grab a Bug Light!! Oh wait.... CRAP I CAN'T, I'm working :(

HAPPY FRIDAY and stay safe chasing mean cows !!!!!!!!!
- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Martina does rule! Wish I could meet her someday. tee-hee!

Kim said...

Did the poison ivy have anything to do with the Wild Turkey and grass stains? Back in high school, I had a friend who swore that putting bleach on poison oak sores cured it real fast. Me? I just preferred to stay out of poison oak. But you might try bleaching the grass-stained T-shirt while wearing it over the poison ivy rash. Just a thought you might consider next time you're having a little Wild Turkey. Let us know if it works.

Unknown said...

This is why I love your blog...laundry tips & constipation in the same entry LOL.

Hope you've recovered and can go out and enjoy the weekend properly!
Cheers,
Katie