Thursday, July 2, 2009

Entertainment. It's Always Here.

I'll start off with an apology for being derelict in my duties. Just been a whole lot to keep me busy in the past week, and most days I just ain't felt too funny. Well... there was Tuesday night when I ate those 2 chili cheese dogs. I felt real funny that night. Wednesday morning I almost ruined the north end of our house. Hoo boy!

Anyhow, entertainment. It's never in short supply at our house, all you gotta do is just pay attention and be patient 'cause entertainment is always just around the corner. One day last week for example.............

Jake is home for a bit, taking a little time off and enjoying summer so there's always something going on 'round his shop that will either make you laugh, stand and stare, or shake your head in disbelief. This time it was all 3.

He'd bought a late model SS Camaro with the appropriate amount of largeness of engine, humdinger of a transmission, positively of a positive track rear end.... and not much else. See, the thing had been rolled. Badly. A few times actually. When I first saw the thing when he pulled it in on a trailer I laughed. Then he got in it, started it up, and drove it off the trailer. I stood in disbelief.

So anyhow the other day he thought he had it sold for a sumly sum of money, see the drivetrain is pretty desirable in these and boys that like to go fast want 'em to put in thier cars that don't go so fast. Faster faster faster. It's how it's played. I hear the thing fire up and here he comes driving down the driveway. Bear in mind there's no drivers seat in it. It got smashed down in the rollover and someone pitched it out. He's sitting on a block of wood on the floor. Again, he's sitting on a block of wood. This just kinda completes the whole hillbilly aspect of the little scene that took place next when I yelled to him. "Do a nasty burnout!"

He didn't fail me.












Yup. Entertainment.





.

16 comments:

Sass said...

That makes me want to go back to my hometown and hang out with some good ol' boys.

Or, to just come find you guys and hang out with you.

Yes, I think that'd be much better. ;)

MJenks said...

Jake's a man of vision. Most people would try to find a seat of some kind. He just uses a block of wood. I appreciate that.

Cynthia L. H. said...

A block of wood...very resourceful!
Reminds me of my nephew, who is selling a camaro that looks very similar to this one...only it hasn't been rolled....
He has parked it in a friend's front yard, on the Main Street of our small town and it's generating a lot of interest! The other night I drove by on my way through town and there was an entire yard full of boys standing around that car!
Ahhh...the allure of a muscle car...they don't make 'em like they used to.
;^)

Cynthia L. H. said...

...sorry...I don't know how, but the same comment was posted twice...I figured it wasn't THAT profound, so I deleted one.
;^)

Anonymous said...

Bahaha! It would have been even funnier if he fell backwards when the car shot forward. Comical pictures. I miss the country!

mo.stoneskin said...

Crazy pictures. So, finished doing the structural repairs to your house?

Dr Zibbs said...

You should bring that car to a dealer and say,

"I'm sorry but I bought this car the other day and maybe it's my fault because I didn't thoroughly look it over before I bought it but I really don't think this is a new car. Can I just swap it out for that one over there?"

Lola said...

Smart move with the block of wood instead of buying a seat. Don't want to cut into the profit when he sells it for a sumly sum.

SkylersDad said...

I owned a 1970 Cuda with the 440 magnum in it for a short while. I should be dead many times over with the crap I pulled in that!

AZ said...

I'm thinkin' the seats were pulled because they were covered in blood.

Gwen said...

Man! I can hear the roar of the engine and the squeal of the tires. And smell the burnt rubber. Reminds me of home.

The Retired One said...

Its like a combination of Dukes of Hazard and the Beverly Hillbillies....
a classic either way!
Funny!!!!!!

Paige said...

Are you sure you don't live by me?

Scope said...

I was expecting him to be sitting in one of those resin outdoor chairs with the legs all sawed off, strapped down with bailing twine.

Bailing Twine = Farmer's Duct Tape.

Greenmare said...

and the radio? does the radio work?
you ever see planes trains and automobiles with John Candy? that is the funniest quote ever!!!!

Jerry said...

I knew I liked that young man when I met him. Laid some serious rubber there!! :)

Hope he scores with that sumly sum!