Monday, March 16, 2009

Because It's Her Birthday... That's Why.

I'm a blessed man. There's no mistaking it, I'm 100 percent sure of it. Know why? 'Cause I've got Sally. I can't think of anyone on earth I'd wanna spend the rest of my days with than her, we go together like "peas and carrots". It's a helluva love story and maybe someday I'll blog that up, but for now... it's something else.

Sal got hung with a for crap birthday day. Her birthday's have always been filled with green and shamrocks and evil faced leprechauns and all things surrounding St. Patricks day. She loves having a birthday but dreads all the cross pollinated birthday stuff that goes with being born on the 17th of March. She's got one aunt that is allowed to send her the St. Patricks birthday card... but none of us would dare do it.

We know better.

So because I just wanna show her off 'cause I'm stupid in love with her, her true heart, her bizarre sense of humor, her smile and her love for me... here's today's and tomorrow's post.


Because she openly loves surprises...







Because I've never known a woman that looked so totally bitchin hot in hats...








Because she loves to dance, even when I can't... (awesome blurry picture alert)








Because she'll do almost anything for a great picture...








... even if it means posing with a wooden leg in her pj's and looking sad. (LOL)











Because she looks cute in her car....










... and is more than willing to stop that car for an entertaining shot of a roadkill possum with it's leg permanently stuck into the air.








Because we look like we belong together whether we're dressed up...









...or we're dressed down.









...and because she's mine.










That's a few of the reasons why I love her.



Happy Birthday Sal.
XOXO






.

30 comments:

Sassy Britches said...

This is beyond beautiful! How fabulous for you to have such overwhelming feelings and for HER to receive them from you (and give 'em right back of course)!

My favorite, the one that made me go "ohhhhooohh!" was the one where you said "because she looks cute in her car!"

Vodka Mom said...

you are one sweet son of a bitch.


xoxox

tinkalicious said...

awh! Love that you love her and aren't scared to admit (and share) it! happy bday! and st pats too!

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday, Sally! Your Jace has a heck of a sweet lady!!! xox

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Happy Birthday to your Sally!!
You two are like "peas and carrots"!
Lucky in love-both of you!

You are the most romantic little sucker :)

Cora said...

Ohhh, Cowguy, that was simply beautiful. You just made me cry - in a good way!! (It's one of those girl things. Just ignore me. *wink*)

Happy Birthday, Sally! (And just be glad you weren't born on Christmas. I think that would be worse. I knew a guy who was born on Christmas and, I'm not kidding, his parents named him Chris Smith. Say it fast and it sounds like Cindy Brady is saying Christmas - "Chrismith." How TWISTED is THAT?!) :-)

SallyW said...

Okay, the Chrismith story makes St. Paddy's day easier to get thru green beer & all lol. I've always said it was a real waste of a perfectly good Irish holiday on an Italian.
Thank you for the bday wishes.
And to my Sweetheart, I love being in Happily Ever After with you.
♫♪ I Love How You Love Me ♪♫
Sally

Lady With a Knife said...

Aaawwwwww!(sniff, sniff) That would bring a tear to a glass eye! What a romantic!

Unknown said...

Oh my....I am teary eyed. I really am. That was simply awesome and beautiful and perfect and you guys are just one happy couple and that makes me happy.

You guys DO look like you belong together and now, haven't you written some love song for her that you want to post along with these pics? It sure seems like there should be a love song attached...I'm humming it now....

:-)

Happy Birthday Sally!

mo.stoneskin said...

That was a lovely little tribute. I do have one thing to say.

I personally believe it is wong to "roadkill" a critter and then photograph it, it invades the critter's privacy, and almost certainly violates the Critter Rights Act, although I was unable to verify that.

SJ said...

Happy birthday, Sally!!

Trina said...

This made me tear up.. love is a beautiful thing. Happy Birthday to you, Sal. My birthday is close to Christmas and I too dispise the cross-breeding of celebrations.

Pyzahn said...

It's hard to type with tears in yours eyes. Holy schmoley, that made me crazy weepy.

It's times like this I'm for cloning.

May your life continued to be blessed with happy moments (road kill aside).

Susan said...

Sweet post. Wow.

Kim said...

Aw, what a sweet guy. She does look exceptionally cute in hats. Happy Birthday, Sally!

Gwen said...

You may my cold, stony heart grow three sizes! You also made me want to party with Sal.

Happy birthday, sugar! I hope it's an awesome one!

MJenks said...

That Possum kicks ass.

Happy Birthday, Sal!

I Am Who I Am said...

Awwww...you're so freakin sweet.

That's why you gotta come by & check out my post. There's somethin waitin for ya.

Nej said...

Great post!!!! The pictures you chose, and the words you use speak volumes!!!

April said...

How sweet. What a lucky lady to have you and what a lucky guy to have her. Happy Birthday Sal.

Unknown said...

so very nice, happy birthday to your sweetie!

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Wow, that was awesome. I have tears in my eyes. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Moonshine, I mean wine bottle tip'n photo!!!

Have a super Birthday Sal!

- Jennifer

BusyBee said...

Happy Birthday Sal!

Dr Zibbs said...

Nothing like a woman in a hat.

gracie said...

You *KNOW* we love that wife of yours...and not cuz you guys posed in front of the quilt I gave her either ;)

See you guys soon!

xooxoxox,
us

Jerry said...

Havin' a hell of a time with internet until they fix it tomorrow (intermittent - Grrrr!)

That just plain the sweetest damn post you've ever done, and for a pretty damn sweet reason. Three cheers to you and a Happy Birthday to Sal!

Sally said...

Beautiful! Happy (belated) birthday Sally!

Meg said...

Wow.
Happy Birthday Sally and to you sir, congrats on having such a wonderful wife to write about!

Blessings from Texas to the both of you!

Michael in AZ said...

Great tribute to Sal.
Michael in AZ

Greenmare said...

I don't know how you made such a sweet post and yet included a picture of roadkill. You are gifted buddy! Your Sally is gorgeous, and she makes YOU look good too.