Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gin and Juice

I started THE post 3 times this morning and it ain't happening. I'm actually gonna be home tonite for a change, so maybe then. Meanwhile I've got a video of a south Texas band called The Gourds. These old boys know how to throw a party in a big way. I've been watching some of their videos for awhile, posted at different corners of the internetions and this one is kinda their signature tune. Some sorta party somewhere's that is just 'bout to kick in high gear, and I believe it just got there. When a band can whip their audience into a fun fervor like this, they're doin' their job right.



The Gourds cover of (of all things) Snoop Dogg's "Gin and Juice". Throw a fiddle and a mandolin in that lil' ol' cover too while you're at it.








That makes me smile everytime I watch it. :-)





.

8 comments:

Sass said...

OAR did a cover of this too.

Fabulous.

Been missin' ya, Cowguy. ;)

I Am Who I Am said...

That is the funniest damn thing I have ever seen! Never in a million years would I expect a Snoop Dogg song to be covered with a bluegrass sound. I bet he'd love this if he heard it.

Nej said...

I'd be willing to crash any wedding, bar mitzvah, or 50th anniversary party I could get my hands on to see them in person. What a riot!!!

mo.stoneskin said...

Before we know it they'll be covering Gangsters' Paradise on the bagpipes.

Unknown said...

I need a beer after watching that...or I just need to pee.

not sure.

Jerry said...

Still waiting in anticipation for D-Day (Disclosure Day). :)

Great party there for sure! Amazing what a good fiddler and mandolin player can do to a crowd!

April said...

We have them on cd and listen to it all the time. We support TX bands bigtime seeins how hubby is a singer an all and we live in TX. Rick Perry has really done a lot of great things for TX bands.

Sunny said...

cool guys, indeed