Monday, March 2, 2009

Good Boy Tommy

As I've mentioned before, my wife Sal is able to wake up and recite entire dreams that she's had and they're almost always doozies. We blame these on her teenage and early 20's years. I've always been a little jealous of her because of this, I rarely ever have a dream that I remember and when I do they're usually hair raising nightmares that I really don't wanna remember.

So yesterday (this is a good one) Sal wakes up and says "I saw my step brother Tommy in a dream last night" Now it's been 40 years since she saw Tommy or has spoken with him... time marches on and all that.

Her story.

"I was at this party and was visiting with someone and this dog walks up to me and then walks around the other people at the party, I stop talking and stare incredulously at the dog. I whisper to the person I'm talking to "is that Tommy?" and they nod yes. So then I say "come here Tommy" and he comes over and I rub him on his head and say "GOOD BOY!"


I cannot emphasis how much I WANT to have a dream like this because... well just because.

Good boy.












.

16 comments:

Kim said...

I want to have a dream like that too...good boy!

Unknown said...

I ADORE listening to my kids' dreams! They are way more interesting than mine! As I get older my brain is generally more mushy and I can't remember anything!!!

Says a lot that Sal can still dream vividly.... ;-)

mo.stoneskin said...

I always have crazy dreams, you can always take one of mine.

The other day I was swinging about on chandeliers in a cliff-top castle. Cool huh? Actually it was pretty scary and dangerous, I wouldn't recommend travelling by chandelier anywhere close to cliffs.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Whoo hoo!!! HAHAHAHA! Good old boy Tommy!!Hee hee.

They say it is a special soul who is sought after from those in the after life. Not to get all heavy-but Sal must posess that special soul.

Very cool.

Susan said...

The have a recurring dream that all my teeth start shattering and falling out in crystal size pieces causing my mouth to fill to the point of gagging and choking. I'd welcome a dream like this anyday.

Trina said...

I definately have these kinds of dreams. Just last week I dreamt I was playing baseball with Billy Ray Cyrus. Maybe it's a woman thing. ??

Anonymous said...

Alright! I have to ask! What kind of dog WAS Tommy? (in the dream and in real life)

Gwen said...

My recurring dream involves me misplacing my baby over and over and over again only to have my mom find her and gloat. I'll take a visit from that dog Tommy any day.

Unknown said...

I want that dream too..and I want "tommy" to talk to me, hand me a drink and then walk away.

sweet. good boy.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Yup, definitely a sex dream.

Cora said...

Is she subconsciously calling Tommy a DOG?

Anonymous said...

Did Tommy bark at her and tell her that Timmy was in the well?

Nej said...

I used to have a dream, quite often, that I was running from a train. It was alive and chasing me. I tried to hide from it in a barn, because the barn was soundproof...so I couldn't hear it coming. Eventually it would find me and break through the walls. I'd run and crawl down a Garter snake hole to hide from it.

Sometimes having vivid dreams makes you wonder "What the heck is up with that?"

Anonymous said...

Well, if she doesn't have a sweet dream, she might as well have a fun one. :)

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes having vivid dreams makes you wonder "What the heck is up with that?""

Believe me, I've said that often!
Tommy was a couple years younger than me and looked like Johnny Crawford, the kid on The Rifleman. Our parents divorced maybe 40 years ago and I moved to a whole nuther state so I haven't seen him since. He was a nice kid, but why he would pop into a dream like that is just a real "What the heck is up with that" moment for me. And the dog was a dog, but his face kinda looked like Tommy and some sleep intuition lead me to knowing it was him. Cute, friendly little dude. But I had to make myself wake up -- too weird.
Did I tell you the one about the guy's really expensive watch that I broke, didn't remember breaking it AT ALL, but everyone was mad at me for it? I woke up exhausted!!
Sally

This thing will only let me reply anonymously, Jace you need to fix that in your spare time.

MJenks said...

That Tommy is one snazzy dresser.