Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wow

Well we did the last performance of Grease last Saturday night and I believe all 6 performances were sold out... plus. Incredible amount of talent in this little community theater, actors, actress', coordinators, musicians... it goes on and on. But you wanna know what we do best of all?


PAAAARRRRRTTTTTTYYYYYY.


The unofficial party took place immediately after the last show and was in full swing when folks started noticing cops everywhere and the street filled with flashing lights. Not only the city cops, but the county sheriff's department AND the State Highway Patrol. That was a first for me, drawing in all the various cops to one single party in one fell swoop.

Impressive to say the least eh?

No one went to jail, the cops left when they were satisfied that there wasn't any underage drinking going on and got the buzzillion cars that were abandoned up and down the street, parked in some semblance of order so that traffic could actually move down the street.

Go figure.


Barney and Andy sneaking around the yard flashlights blazing. lol Oh and the band never stopped playing... adding even more humor to the whole scenario.









Wigs are a highly downplayed party accessory...










...for everyone. There aren't many good explanations for pictures like this, other than "alchohol".











Scenes like this were normal early on in the evening. Click it for bigness.










Any party with a saxophone is a first rate party.










Sally and I finally stumbled home about 4:00 or 4:30 in the morning, woke up to death in our heads (ow) and headed out for yet more partying. The set was torn down at the theater and cleaned up all spic and span and then....




We lit up the band... MB broke into Gimmee One Reason...











We absolutely wore out "Wagon Wheel" over the course of 3 days. 2 of my most favorite ladies in the whole wide world, Hannah and Martina here singing harmony. We had Satan's Joke Mic Stand. It was permanently hung at 3/4 mast so everyone squatted to sing at it, enhancing our natural good looks.











The GREEN DRESS (a story in itself) made an appearance on John B., the drummer. That just ain't right...









The afternoon before our last show, Sally helped me whoop up Ronnie Masks for everyone in the band... except Ronnie. We whooped 'em out just before the show started and almost ruined him. :-) They made appearances all weekend long.... but this shot is classic.




"The Ronnies"













.

13 comments:

Sass said...

Too much fun, Cowguy.

I'm just gonna say it for the 328,897th time...

When are WE gonna hang out???

SallyW said...

I just wish we had more fun....



*Italian Lemon Liquor*

Unknown said...

hahah, looks like a blast was had by ALL!

Sassy Britches said...

And the band played on...hopefully not like on the Titanic! From the looks of it, bouyancy was the word of the night!

MJenks said...

So...I agree that the cast party is always the best part of the show. Except for the last performance I did of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" and we brought the house down on "Brotherhood of Men".

But, I will also say...I never, ever, EVER went through a two-day cast party. I'm terribly envious.

mo.stoneskin said...

Having not heard from you for a few days I was starting to wonder if you'd had a drink-fueled run-in with the cops...

Cora said...

Ohh too fun!!!! And here's a big pat on the back for not getting arrested! Good job. :-)

Anonymous said...

I always heard - and truly BELIEVE - that there is no such thing as 'too much fun'

However, in your case, Jace, I think you are dangerously close to an overdose!

Wish I'd been there!

Greenmare said...

too bad you never have any fun.
I love the Ronnies!
we did that to the kids track coach once too, and oddly enough, his name was also Ron! he was a bit scarier looking though.........

Sally said...

Sure looks like fun! Congrats on a super successful play.

rebelsrider said...

I'm soooo jealous! I want to party with ya'll! (I have lived in NC since 1982, so I'm allowed to say, "ya'll")

Cowguy said...

Thanks for all the comments, it truly was epic. I'd like to party with every single one of y'all.

J.

Jerry said...

Reminds me of that gal in the Billy Jack movie - "Ahhhh Haaaaa! It's PARTY time!!!

Plays are a lot of work, including sweating it up in the music pit. You earned it. :)