Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Video Happiness And.... You Decide.

As if my life wasn't already hurtling towards the grave faster than a fat girl heads to the General's Chicken on the Chinese buffet... I get to lose another whole hour of my life to Daylight Savings Time. Don't be telling me I'm getting it back this fall. It's just gone. I know it, you know it. Gone, for crap's sake.

Anyway, because not only I have lost an hour of my life this morning, every single one of you have metaphorically smoked a pack of Camel straights today as well, and I don't wanna tie up too much of your life... or mine, with unnecessary wasted time on my blog. So, it's gonna be short and sweet.


First things first. I've tossed around in my punkin for quite awhile, writing about an experience of mine about 2 years ago. Now it's not humor, but it's a helluva good story. 100 percent true and factual and not for the faint of heart... and it'll probably take up 2 blog posts to get all done up right.

I had some pretty major surgery without anesthesia, on purpose. Let me know in the comments if you're up for it. I promise it'll be a doozy if you opt in for it.




And lastly, a video. A video of the Allman Brothers (Kinda... a 2003 version of the band anyhow) doing a classic that will leave you humming this in your head the rest of the day. Southern blues rock at it's very VERY finest. Soulshine.







You guys from The Wood Works reading this... you're gonna LOVE the new feature on the forum when it get's lit up today!

Lemme know AND have a great Sunday!






.

20 comments:

Scope said...

Tell the story. It's YOUR blog.

Jerry said...

Soulshine. MMmmMMMMMMMmmm!! My day just got a heck of a lot better.

Hey, I was a Paramedic in another life (actually still am, just no street time anymore), so bring on the gore! :)

Kim said...

Great song. I cannot wait to hear about this surgery. Some surgeons almost killed me three years ago, but that's a story for a different day.

I linked to you in my post today.

mo.stoneskin said...

But faster than the rate I drink cups of tea on a Sunday evening?

I doubt it somewhat.

Well as you did it "on purpose" it sounds like you really ought to be talking about that surgery.

If it is too gruesome and I pass out, cracking my head on the desk then I'll sue you...

shortmama said...

Great song for a Sunday. Cant go wrong with Allman Brothers!

lilsis said...

"faster than a fat girl heads to the General's Chicken on the Chinese buffet"


If you had said the jalepeno chicken... I woulda been insulted

me

Venom said...

Yeah you should write it, but I won't promise I'll be able to read it all (especially if you include gory pics) - I can be squeamish when it comes to people. i wanted to be a nurse until I served as a candystriper and a patient I liked died; I wanted to be a paramedic (reasoning that I am less squeamish in an actual crisis) but let myself be scared off by the rumour that students had to strip to their underwear for some reason in class. Why, I can't imagine, but it was enough of an excuse for me.

Instead I became a banker - found out that was bloodier work than any human service.... retired early.

Cowguy said...

Scope: Thanks Mr. I believe I will.

Jerry: You know, you can hate southern rock or any conglomeration of it... but that song just, it just rolls with your heart. Everyone loves it. I got started singing this in my head in the shop yesterday and couldn't get it outta my brain.

Kim: Thanks for the link in! LOL Loved your use of verbs, nouns and all those other things.

MO: Heh. Won't be no headcrackin' hopefully!

Shortmama: Absolutely not. It ain't the same without Dickey... but it's still nice.

Lilsis: LOL Lilsis is a dear friend and actually has ate with me here at Dung Pow's. L...? xo

Giggle Pixie: It'll be comin'.

Venom: There won't be pics... but you shouldn't need 'em. :-)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

This is my first visit, so I don't know if I should have a say or not.

I say go for both, they sound like they will be great blogging stories.

April said...

Tell the story. I'd love to hear it. Curious minds want to know.

Gwen said...

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Tell it, tease.

Sassy Britches said...

I'm with Gwen. Go for it.

Cora said...

Bring it on, Cowguy!!

Greenmare said...

totally up for it, I always enjoy other peoples pain, I mean, um, I enjoy supporting people in need or some kinda crap like that.

Anonymous said...

brang it on!

I got feelin' this is gonna be a good one!

Sally said...

Thank YOU! God, I love the Allman Brothers. (When did Greg get so...so OLD?! Dang.)

Cowguy said...

Pam: Glad you dropped by and cool tractor!

April: It's comin'.

Gwen: Usually the motto I live by.

Sassy B: 10 roger.

Cora: Affirmative.

Greenmare: lol I figured you would.

ahr8tch: It's in the works.

Sally: Drugs, sex, rock and roll, these 3 things they take a toll. *Poetry!*

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Oh yeah, that's a story that needs to be told.

zizzybob said...

after the anonymous asshats tyraid, why wouldn't I want to hear your story? Go for it!

Nej said...

You can't just dangle a story about surgery sans anesthesia..it's against the rules!! You must share! :-)