Friday, February 27, 2009

Just Announcements Friday!

I ain't even gonna try to be funny today 'cause I have very very important announcements.

Wait... this ain't right. Hang on.


A polar bear walks into a bar and says "Gimme a gin............................
.......................... ..................................................
............. and tonic. Bartender says "okay, but why the big pause?" The bear looks at his hands and says "I dunno, my dad had 'em too."



Baa da dum.



Okay, on wit da bidness.

El number oneth. I have been scooped up into the ever loving arms of a select group of individuals that blog about humor. Humor Bloggers drug my lazy carcass up before the panel of funny folks that decide if a blog is worthy to bear the tag of the organization. I could have told 'em the story about the giraffe giving birth to an ostrich that looked like Jimmy Durante... and how it tasted when I BBQ'd it... but I didn't have to play that trump card. They just said "You're funny, don't stop being funny or we'll kill you" so... here I am. Click on in on that silly penguin button over there, look up me up and... aw hell, here. Click this and scroll down to my blog and rate my blog up. If you think I'm the funniest thing since Grandpa put his false teeth in the collection plate, then say so. I'd appreciate the rating!



El number twoth. Our band Keota has been selected to play here in NE Missouri for the Smithsonian's traveling museum of Roots Music this spring. We're real honored to do this and we're all puffed up with pride. Click here if you wanna read a bit about it. Also the band has a brand spanky new facebook page with about 100 members so far, if you're a facebook player and would like to join up, just search on facebook for Keota Acoustic With Attitude or Click Here.




El number threeth. See that little doohickey of a button over yonder on the right side where it says "Follow this blog"? Click it and come on in... the waters just dandy. I'm giving all new followers a Michael Jackson makeover this week. Awesome eh?



I think that's it. I probably will think of some other stuff, but this oughta keep y'all busy for a couple minutes or so... and Thank You in advance. I love comments and you folks are a pretty dang entertaining bunch of honyocks.





.

14 comments:

Sassy Britches said...

Congratulations on all fronts! And I'm a little freaked that the add to the right of this comment box landed on nose and ear hair trimmers. Yeeps.

MJenks said...

Does the make over include Jesus Juice?

Gwen said...

Done and done. I already follow, but can I get a make-over anyway? As a reward for following early? C'mon! I want smaller nose, too!

Cora said...

Ooh, congratulations!!

Umm.... I think I'll pass on the Michael Jackson makeover though if you don't mind. (shudder)

Nej said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

I'm bumming though, no MJ makeover for those already following?? (sigh)

:-)

Unknown said...

congrats on the humor blog invite

Anonymous said...

'Tis a pleasure to know ye, oh ye of folk and funny fame. :)

Congrats times three!!

Nah, times 2. I deduct one for that joke...... :)

Anonymous said...

You got my vote!!!

Kim said...

Haha...big pause. I'll vote for ya. What do I got to lose? Congrats on all.

Cowguy said...

Sassy B: Nose hair trimmers and personal lubricant... all bases covered.

T.I.M.: Possibly, if Tang will do.

Gwen: Thanks! You betcha!

Cora: Aw come on. Where's your sense of adventure?

Nej: Well heck... I'll get one headed your way! Watch for a long white limo with a weird black/white dude in it.

Stacie: Thank you Stacie!!

Jerry: LOL that joke was pretty runny wasn't it?

Giggle Pixie: I can always count on you in a pinch!

Kim: You're a treasure. I bet your mom loved you bestest. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for making the trek over to HB and throwin' down your remarks!

Greenmare said...

okay so when you are doing stand up comedy on TV are you going to remember all us little bloggers and reward us properly? and no Michael Jackson makeovers!!!

Susan said...

New follower!

Lady of the Cloth said...

Congratulations and all that stuff and a big groan for the bear joke! Have you heard about the giant who got sick? I don't know why not.......it's all over town. Another groan! Carline

Pyzahn said...

Groan.....ughhhhahaha

No. 1: Attaboy 'bout time

No. 2: Yehaw

No. 3: Been there, done that.